Monday, December 8, 2008

Everyday Unwrapped

You can join in on the fun go to http://emmafree.blogspot.com/ and join in.

I will start my first everyday unwrapped with the situation that made me realize I need to slow down and pay attention to what is going on. In this pic you see my daughter chewing on rolled silverware at the Irish Pub. Well I snapped the pic and then realized that I shouldn't let her chew on this so I took it away. Well of course she kept going for it. So without thinking I put it up. 2 days later I found the rolled contraband in my diaper bag! So moral to the story Lani needs to slow down and pay attention. So I did just that. No I don't have a picture to show for it, but while enjoying my daughters amazing and huge smile I saw that she has the smallest tooth bud starting. It is so exciting to watch her grow, but also sad to see her becoming more and more independent. I need to slow down and cherish these days because before I even realize it they will be gone and she will be walking, running, riding a bike. You get the point. So today I slowed down to watch my daughter grow.

9 comments:

  1. How sweet....watching your daughter grow...it goes SO fast, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story and appreciating the little moments! Your little one is just precious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was too funny!

    I once took the bank container from the drive up window--just drove off with it in my lap!

    I didn't even realize it--they had to call me at home later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, yeah. Sounds like something that would happen to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, great post. That little one is a doll and you are so right...too fast it all goes. All the more reason to slow down and notice. Thank you for participating and sharing your oh-so-relevant moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny story! I think you made an excellent point- to just slow down. It's easy to forget that when it feels like every day is hurry, hurry, hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids have stolen things more than once-- innocently, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smile! The days do go by quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's too funny! your baby girl is just precious :-)

    ReplyDelete