Monday, December 15, 2008

The Simple Womans Daybook

Join Us... http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
FOR TODAY December 15, 2008

Outside my window... It is an oddly warm evening. Feels more like March than December.

I am thinking... about the fun I had today sewing and the more exciting crafting and sewing left to be done tomorrow

I am thankful for... my mom's help today. She is so amazing and I have so much to learn from her.
From the kitchen... I just ate a piece of pumpkin pie, it was cold already, but still GOOD!

I am wearing... very comfortable yoga pants and a Powder Hound Life is Good shirt
I am creating... Sew many things... get it. I am sewing A LOT. Aprons, Oven Mitts, tissue/ hand sanitizer holders, Overalls, Dresses.... the list continues.
I am going... to bed very soon. Maybe tonight I can go to sleep before 3 am.
I am reading... How to guides on building a mantel. I know how per se, but just not exactly how to properly attach it to my masonry.
I am hoping... to get some advice on how to redo my kitchen... I wish Some really creative people could help me. We have got to get this house back in order... most of the damage from the tornado will be repaired by Christmas except the kitchen, because I don't know where I want to go with it.

I am hearing... My dogs scratching to come in
Around the house... there is fabric a plenty!
One of my favorite things... Craigslist. I just got a new front door... well new to me... to $20 it is beautiful the people who are selling it for $20 are CRAZY!
A few plans for the rest of the week: More sewing tomorrow. a photo shoot Wednesday, refinishing furniture Thursday, cleaning Friday, Christmas Parties Saturday, Father-in-law comes to help rebuild what still needs repairs on Sunday and will be here til Tuesday... Can we say BUSY!
Here is picture thought I am sharing... OK a little background before someone call DFCS. I normally would never let my daughter get this dirty... however tonight while out throwing the ball with our dogs she kept trying to get out of our hands. So, we allowed her to get down and crawl on the deck. OK so I admittedly did not know my deck was so dirty and yes it is on the list to be pressure washed, however I had to stop myself from picking her up because she thought it was SO funny to crawl on the deck and just take it all in. (she has only ever been allowed to crawl around on carpet) There were leaves and twigs... she was in heaven. I can honestly say I heard my 9 month old laugh more in 15 minutes tonight than she has before. So even though she got dirty... she had so much fun and I did as well. Watching her little world expand was truly an awesome gift. So check her out... because 5 minutes after this was taken her butt was in the bath!

1 comment:

  1. We miss yall terribly! I cannot believe we have to go so long without seeing yall! I hope yall have the best Christmas ever!

    ReplyDelete