Monday, December 8, 2008

a prayer for mommies

Dear Merciful Lord,
I am humbled at your amazing love and wisdom. I am in awe of the way you know me and all other mothers too. You know that whether our beautiful child is with us on earth, not sent by you yet, or called home already that our hearts were meant for them. You Lord know our hearts and created them to hold the gifts that you give us. Lord I am praying to you to hold all mothers close this holiday season. We carry your gifts in our wombs for a short time, but forever in our hearts. Some of us may really need to lean on you this season, because the closer we are to you, the closer we are to our angels. Lord please be with new mothers like myself. We worry a lot and you know the fears we have Lord, please ease them. Lord for the mothers whose children have yet to be sent to them, give them comfort to have the faith to know their gift will come when it is your will. Lord most of all I want to thank you for your child. You gave him up for us and we can never show enough love and gratitude. Lord I ask you all of these things in Jesus Christs name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment